Florida has made long term care residents a priority for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Facilities are collaborating with the Florida Department of Health, Florida Division of Emergency Management and Florida National Guard to administer the vaccine in Broward and Pinellas Counties with a high concentration of long term care facilities, as well as partnering with CVS or Walgreens as part of the CDC Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care COVID-19 Vaccination Program, to support statewide distribution efforts. Vaccinations are being done through COVID-19 immunization clinics,set up onsite at each facility where a team of DOH or pharmacy representatives will manage the immunization process.
- Moderna Emergency Use Authorization (EAU) Fact Sheet
- Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) Fact Sheet
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- Pfizer COVID-19 Resource Webpage
Haven’t heard from your pharmacy to schedule your clinic?
For CVS: email to CVS Health at CovidVaccineClinicsLTCF@CVSHealth.com (include the word “CONTACT” in subject line) and in email body, include facility name/address, facility point of contact’s name/contact information.
For Walgreens: Contact ImmunizeLTC@walgreens.com
For Additional Assistance: Contact FHCA at email@example.com
- CVS Vaccine Website (includes Clinic Guide, CVS Intake Consent Form, Introductory Email Communication)
- CVS COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- CVS COVID-19 Clinic Process Webinar Recording
- Walgreens COVID-19 Vaccine Webpage
- Walgreens Guide to Completing Consent Form
- Walgreens Informational Webinar Recording
- Walgreens COVID-19 Resident Handout – What to Expect Guide (English)
- Walgreens COVID-19 Resident Handout – What to Expect Guide (Spanish)
- AHCA/NCAL Pharmacy Partnership for LTC Program – Overview & FAQs
See full article here : https://www.fhca.org/facility_operations/covid_19_vaccine_readiness